Car Import INto Egypt:
- Customs duty varies between 40% and 135%
- Tax varies between 10% and 35%
- Full customs duty and tax is payable for all vehicles.
- For used cars, Shipper MUST prove that he is the first owner of the car.
- For new cars, the car MUST be imported within the SAME YEAR of manufacturing.
- Cars are duty and tax free entry only for diplomats.
- Cars with trip-tickets issued by automobile clubs are allowed to enter duty and tax free only on tourist basis for 3 months, renewable for another 3 months. Cars must be exported out of Egypt at the end of the 6 months period. Licensing fees is only applicable on these cars.